Monday, March 4, 2019

2/25 - 3/3

Praise God from whom all blessings flow. It was a pretty good week in some ways and not so good in others. On the training front, it was a bounce back week, after two straight seven day periods of depressed numbers. That happens sometimes, and I try to take it in stride. I look at it as an opportunity to recover from heavy training and rest for more hard work.

I ran three times for a whopping 6.75 miles. I swam six times for 20,837 meters (real training). For the first time in a month, I did a long pool swim, going 7,600 yards straight in 2:13:59. That was Friday. Saturday, I did some kicking, worked on starts, and did some limited but intense intervals in the pool.

Like my Saturday pool swim, my Saturday weight session was a mixture of things I had not done in a while. For instance, I worked the incline bench press, the dead lift, and the clean.

For the week, I 

swam 20,837 meters,
lifted weights four times, and
ran 6.75 miles. 

I can tell I have a little more fitness. My wind is better in the pool and out of it. I pulled off three reps Saturday of 100 yards @ 1:35. During the week I also was able to do ten reps of 50s @ :55.

I'm on track for a good meet in April and a good Chicot in June. 

Thank you, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment