Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Even More Upgrades

I made another haul of weights today. In addition to the weights, Delta Street Ministries gave me three mats, real mats. They are upgrading their weights going from one inch to Olympic. Thus they are clearing out the one inch plates to my advantage.


Check out the picture above. These are some of the plates I acquired to day, sitting on the mats they donated. So I drove some more nails into the wooded power rack to hang some of these plates. Not only that, but I set aside some plates to take to Leflore Steel to get another welded barbell made.


I put one of the mats under the leg press machine. These mats are thick and heavy and are not going to blow away in the wind or be dragged off by the dogs. 


Two of the mats went under the dead lift station. With the bumper plates, it will be totally acceptable to drop the deal lift bar now. I also added another row of blocks on the front which improves both looks and functionality. The trap bar now sits outside the dead lift bar so I don't have to step over a bar to do the farmer's walk which is what I use the trap bar for. 

I just finished lunch. After a nap, I plan to hit Plate City with renewed vigor. That is one of the things upgrades to the gym do for me: it shoots my motivation through the roof. 

Thank you, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment