Thursday, March 14, 2019

Two Point Five

Wednesday is three-workout day, but there were some problems. The first problem was my right knee. It was a bit gimpy so in my great maturity and restraint, I decided against running. Instead, I got on the mountain bike and went over the bridge. This was my first ride of the year, the thee and a half minute stationary bike rides notwithstanding. 

I warmed up enough that a stopped the bicycle at a turnrow and did some shuffling, and whole 1.02 miles. Then riding again, I headed for Wade Road and there I shuffled two of the gravel stretches of that road while pushing the bike. In all, I shuffled 1.28 miles and pedaled 6.99 miles. It was a workout done just before lunch.

In the afternoon, I went to Plate City, of course. What did you expect? I worked on shoulders, shrugs, cleans, and dead lifts. I even went over the fence and did six tire flips with the big tractor tire. Workout number two in the books.

We picked Penny's truck up from the shop after 5:00. It's been in the car hospital since Friday and was in a few days before that for another stay. Now, life returns to normal. Somewhat. Is it ever normal? 

For workout number three, I headed to the pool. I was toying with the idea of doing a long, steady swim maybe 8,000 yards. I have done this (training) long enough to know never to make firm plans. Sometimes your body doesn't appreciate what your brain can dream up. That was the case Wednesday night.

To say I wasn't feeling it is a gross understatement. I could barely stay above water. I swam 1,000 and the time was 19:37. That is barely shy of 2:00 per 100 yards. On a warm up, I normally swim somewhere between 1:48 to 1:52. When there is that much of a slowdown, something is wrong. I was tired, didn't feel good, and didn't even want to be there. I swam another 500 and the time on it was 9:47. I tapped out. You have to listen to your body and mine was speaking to screaming at me. I listened and went home, not disappointed, but a little surprised. Yes, I have been pushing it lately, but not that much more than usual.

So that is why I titled this post, "Two Point Five." I did two and a half workouts or three if you give full credit for a slow 1,500 yards. Despite the early tap, I was happy with the day. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment