Thursday, March 7, 2019

Another Big Three

Wednesdays are turning into a golden day for me. I got in another three-workout day and it was real, it was good, and it was real good. My workouts started with Plate City after school. I had Penny's truck in the shop so I didn't know if to run there first or lift. When I called and they didn't answer, that made the decision for me. I worked shoulders, traps, biceps, and low back with dead lifts. I am still being very cautious on the dead lift. A few years age, I hurt my lower back after doing a long buildup and a good warm up. It turned out to only be a muscle pull, but that fright has not left me. I pulled 140 pounds for two reps. Part of me wants to shoot it on up, but when I get hurt, I have a long memory.

The shop called while I was lifting and said the truck was ready so I left Plate City shuffling in a circuitous route to Spain's Auto. I wanted to get at least 2.4 miles. I zigged and zagged and wound up there with 2.45 slow, old-man miles. That was workout number two.

What do you think workout three was? No brainer, huh? I started with 2,300 straight and then started some 150s at cruise speed. Right now, cruise speed is what I call easy speed, the fastest I can swim and still remain mostly comfortable. That equals for me about a 1:35 per 100 yard pace. At 1:30 I am hurting. At 1:35 I am pushing a little but in no pain. I did 12 150s at that pace before cooling down with 600 while wearing the small paddles. So I did what I wanted: I had a relatively easy swim with a bit of quality and some volume as well. Monday was about speed. Tuesday was stamina day. Wednesday was easy but voluminous with 4,650 yards. Tonight will be more speed. Friday will be pure endurance. Saturday will be make-it-up-as-I-go day. I'll kick, do other strokes, and bust it hard IF and only IF I feel like it.

Thank you, Jesus, for good health and a good workout day. Let me find that sweetness again this afternoon and night.

No comments:

Post a Comment