Saturday, March 9, 2019

Endurance Day

That's what Fridays have become, my endurance days. Still facing vehicle problems, my plan was for Penny to go to work in mine while I drank coffee, then boosted hers, drove it to the shop, and then ran home. But the best laid plans of mice and men . . . I forgot how that saying ends. Well, the truck would not boost so I called the mechanic to come get it. He sent a wrecker. Lovely, now I get to add that to my bill. 

So I drank coffee, hung out with CC, and then headed out for a shuffle. For the first time this year, I was wearing a T-shirt and shorts for my run. This time, instead of running around the neighborhood like I've been doing, I headed for the Boulevard, then north, over the bridge and out Money Road. When I say "out Money Road," I mean I went out two telephone poles and then turned around. A few years back I may have run all the way to Money and home again. I hope to get that back. But Friday I shuffled only 2.63 miles. That is my longest run of the year. For now, that is a long run, an endurance workout. 

Penny came home for lunch then I took her back to work so I could have the truck for the afternoon. I picked up some weights I found advertised on Facebook Market Place (I can't say no), paid my utility bill, and went to the pool. What kind of sets did I do? If you read this blog, you know that on Friday I usually do a straight swim, endurance simplified.

There were babies in the water when I arrived at the pool, mothers on the deck, and a swim teacher in the water, but I got in and started swimming at 1:30 pm. When I finished two hours and twenty-seven minutes later, the pool was mine, everyone had gone. I was alone, tired, and satisfied. I make 7,850 yards, a little disappointing because my pace was so slow (1:52) but I had lifted four days in a row and swum four days in a row before Friday. When I started, my shoulders felt stiff and my muscles felt tired. For most of those two plus hours I wondered where I would tap out. But I didn't tap but just kept swimming one stroke at a time. The long swim put me over 21,000 meters for the week. Pretty good if I only sleep for the rest of the weekend.

I also did some stuff to Plate City. I'll shoot a short video and post it here.

Thank you, Jesus, for a nice run and swim. Help me, Lord, to get that truck fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment