Monday, March 11, 2019

3/4 - 3/10

The week before Spring Break was my biggest training cycle of the year thus far. It started with a three workout day Monday. I ran 2.35 miles, lifted weights, and swam 3,290 meters.

Tuesday I lifted weights and swam 3,930 meters.

Wednesday was another three workout day beginning with a 2.45 mile run, followed by a weight session at Plate City, then concluding with a 4,204 meter swim.

Thursday the fun continued with more weights and swimming. In the pool, I hit 3,381 meters.

Friday is endurance day and I started it off with my longest run of the year at 2.63 miles. I hope to get back to real long runs one day but for right now, that is my record run for 2019. In the pool, I felt worn out, but I lasted for 7,850 yards of straight swimming. I wanted to lift but ran out of time.

Saturday I made it back to the pool for 2,742 meter. I also met someone there, Kyle Thornhill. He seems like a nice man, and of course, he knows our son, Forrest. Everybody knows Forrest. I wanted to lift, but the rain caught me before I had a chance so I ended up with only four lifting sessions. For the week, I

ran 7.43 miles (a record for the year),
swam 24,383 meters (a record for the year), 
cycled three minutes on the stationary bicycle, and 
lifted four times.

That is a pretty solid week, but I need better before Chicot VIII. Ahead of Chicot, however, is the Senior Olympics. I am very much looking forward to that. Thank you, Jesus, for good health and inspiring goals. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment