Friday, March 8, 2019

Double Trouble

Spring Break started with trouble. I'll tell you about that later, first the training.

I hit Plate City after first leaving work and going to Home Depot to pick up a few blocks and some Quikrete. I have been working on setting another post at Plate City for I don't know how long. Rain and lack of a vehicle has slowed my progress. I had a vehicle Thursday, after getting Penny's truck out of the shop Wednesday, and there was no rain in the forecast. The new post will hold plates for the squat station. 

Once home, I unloaded the supplies, changed clothes, and hit the back yard with an eagerness I rarely feel. The dogs were happy and so was I. I mixed the Quikrete, set the post, and yearned for it to be dry so I could get the squat plates off the ground. Then I lifted: bench presses, squats, and rotator cuff work. 

At 5:00, I had to go to Penny's work to boost her truck off. Yeah, after spending $637 on that thing, I had to jump her off. At home, the truck would not recrank and as I type the key is stuck in the ignition. No, it is not the alternator nor the battery. Trust me, I know this. Something supernatural or electrical, or some demon spirit is inhabiting this vehicle. Now I need to boost it, take it to the shop, and ambulate home. 

Sigh.

Back to the training. I went to the pool about 6:00 pm. I swam

2,400
5 X 100 @ 1:54
500 small paddles
4 X 50 @ 1:06
100 easy
total: 3,700 yards = 3,381 meters.

I have a pretty good week going. So far I have lifted four times, run twice, and swum four times. I hope to get two or three more workouts done today. If only that truck would get fixed, I would be as happy as a dead pig in the sunshine.

Praise the Lord anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment