Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Three-peat

I did it again, three workouts in one day. The first started early in the morning while the sun was still resting. As usual, I felt sluggish and old mannish as I shuffled along in the dark. For the last two Monday mornings of February, the temperature had been 36 degrees each morning. I thought at that time that from now on the morning lows would rise and I would not see sub 40 again. Wrong. I'm good at being wrong. It was 31 for the first Monday morning of March, a full four degrees higher than predicted. I am not a cold weather man, but at least from now on . . . I don't dare say it or I will most likely see 20s next week. I did 2.35 miles to set the stage for my three-peat day.

Workout two was hard to get in because we had an English Department meeting at the Moorhead campus. That meant I had to leave Greenwood, drive to Moorhead and then try to get home in time to slam out number two and rest up for number three At Plate City, I benched

20 X 45
8 X 95
8 X 105
7 X 115
5 X 140
3 X 145
2 X 150

On the decline bench I pressed

4 X 140
4 X 140

And then on the incline it was

10 X 96
8 X 100

I also did squats and 40 X 22.5 on the triceps push down. 

I then had to pick Penny up from work because her truck is in the shop. Also I had to take her to pick up some medication. Then at home I took a nap and headed to the pool for number three. Penny suggested I swim at night since there have been some changes at Plate City and in the daytime I don't feel comfortable doing sprints with the babies in the water. At the pool, I swam

650
650
4 X 50 @ :55
300 small paddles
5 X 50 @ :59
350 small paddles
6 X 50 @ 1:03
400 small paddles
6 X 50 @ 1:09
200 small paddles
total: 3,600 yards = 3,290 meters.

That is 21 50s which is approaching what I need to be doing to get faster. My paces, however, were not that good. I wasn't sucking a lot of air like I used to after each one, but I didn't seem to have that little extra umph to bust them out really fast. Maybe it is because I lifted first. I always liked to swim before lifting.

All in all, it was a good day, a tiring one, but a full and productive one that left me ready for bed. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment