Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Only One

Monday is normally three-workout day. Not this time. First, when my alarm shook me awake at 5:00 am, the rain was coming down like a monsoon on a Pacific island. Then after work, I had to make a trip to Carroll County. When I got home, I lay down and took a nap. I still had time to go to Plate City, but when I awoke, CC was asleep on my lap. I don't wake up sleeping cats. It's rude. I'm not rude. I am not, Sunita Sharma.

So I did what I always do when there is a choice about which workout to do. I went to the pool. When I got there the place was full of kids and parents and who all the heck I don't know. I went back to my truck to hang out and wait. About fifteen minutes later I went back after I saw several carloads of people leave. There were still a lot of folks in there. I saw Debbie and she motioned for me to come to her. 

"I want to talk to you," she said. 

I sat.

"Graduation." I thought, Thank you, Jesus.

Then we chatted about me having some lessons there.

"I want you to give me a date. A starting date. We'll set up the lessons and give the money to the Diabetes Foundation of Mississippi."

Cha ching!!!

We chatted a bit and then I looked at the calendar on my phone and said, "Let's start the week after the 6th of April."

So it is set. If you can already swim, but want to work on your stroke and learn how to swim all day long, or a few laps long, you need to sign up for these lessons. 

Finally, a few more people left, and I got into the pool. I swam

1,200 22:07 (1:50)
7 X 500 @ 9:50
  1 - 8:36 (1:42) first 100 fast
  2 - 8:29 (1:41) second 100 fast
  3 - 8:34 (1:42) third 100 fast
  4 - 8:45 (1:44) fourth 100 fast
  5 - 8:46 (1:44) fifth 100 fast
  6 - 8:39 (1:43) first 100 and last 50 fast
  7 - 9:06 (1:48) easy, cool down
total: 4,700 yards = 4,295 meters.

The 500s were nice. That is definitely an endurance set, but it did not neglect the speed fibers in my muscles. I wish I had discovered this set earlier. It should do well in preparing me to do the 500 at the meet on the 6th of April.

Nice swim. No, the kids aren't done. There is another graduation today, then something else tomorrow. But we are getting close. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment