Tuesday, May 9, 2023

5/1 - 5/7

Normally I write my weekly review on Monday. This time I forgot. Huh? Yeah, I forgot. Last week, I fell off another cliff. It went this way:

Monday I shuffled 1.57 miles on the treadmill and lifted weights. Tuesday I shuffled 2.1 miles on the road and lifted more weights. Because of school, however, I did not swim either day.

I finally got in the water Wednesday for 1,750 yards. I also shuffled another 3.15 miles.

By Thursday, I was out of school, but the strain of a heavy training schedule plus a taxing semester at work had taken their toll. I continued to do the things I was supposed to do (besides training), but I was becoming increasingly ill. I did 2.1 miles of roadwork and lifted weights. I also swam 1,450 yards. That was three, but a small three it was.

Friday, I did no training. Saturday, I did no training. Sunday, I did no training. It is Tuesday as I type this, and Monday I did no training. In fact, I was in bed all day, and right now I am coughing and groaning. Just in time for Pool Fools to start looming on the horizon. 

For the week, I

ran 8.83 miles,
lifted weights four times, and
swam 2,924 meters

That is not much and this week has started worse. If you pray, lift me up, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment