Saturday, May 20, 2023

Who Does That?

Yes, I went back to the little pool where I knew I could get in a good practice. And that I did. I swam

  2,300 45:10
  200 back
  200 for time 3:21
  300 small paddles
  8 X 50 @ 2:00
  200 medium paddles
  total: 3,600 yards

That was a real practice right there; I don't care who you are. And that will put some endurance back into my swimming muscles. When I left the pool, I felt it in my pectorals, my latimus dorsi, my deltoids, my biceps, and my triceps muscles. Yeah, I did. Not only that, but I was tired. In fact, I was fatigued. Furthermore, I was gassed out.

Later in the day, I went to the City and did a pull workout. I was still tired from swimming, but I warmed up slowly-- a trick I learned long ago-- and eventually got some real work done. Pee Wee was on the lookout for squirrels. He saw some and gave them a talking to. He tried to stop them for traffic tickets when they speed down the top of our eight-foot fence. They, however, refuse to stop further adding to their infractions. At the old house, he caught a few and sentenced them to death. He is a tough law dog and judge.

Because it was the eve of our 46th wedding anniversary, Penny and I went to Hilltop and ordered a steak. We left the house at 5:00 o'clock. Who does that? Old people. Old people do that. It was good, yeah. Back home, I drifted off to sleep in short order.

No comments:

Post a Comment