Friday, May 5, 2023

Lately

I went out for a shuffle in the late morning and went 2.1 miles. I sincerely hope everyone running realizes how blessed we are right now with this weather. It won't last. The dewpoint for the past two days has been 41 and 39 respectively. Huh!??!! That's like almost impossible around here. A typicat dewpoint in the Mississippi delta is 71 and up. Meteorologist refer to anything above 60 as "oppresive humidity." A dewpoint of 65 around here usually makes us think of late October. If you have not been outside lately, do what I often tell my students to do. Go to Ace Hardware, buy 25 inches of chain, wrap one end in electical tape, then flog yourself unmercifully across the back. You deserve it.

In late afternoon, I went to Plate City where I hung out with Pee Wee and did a nice push workout. I did the shrug again for the third day in a row. Also I did the overhead press, a set of incline bench presses, some machine flys, and the seated dip. 

By now it was a bit late, and I had not swum, but I like to rest between and lifting session and a swim. I went to the pool with the idea of doing the minimum, and that is what I did. I went 1,400 straight then rolled over on my back for 50. So there you have it. Three workouts, but nothing really big. The story of my life lately. I'll turn it around soon. The mantra of my life lately. It doesn't really matter. The lie I tell myself lately. As long as you do something. My excuse latley.

No comments:

Post a Comment