Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Bouncing

If I hit the bottom of the cliff last week, I started bouncing this week. Monday, I did three workouts. They might have been weenie ones, but I did them. 

Tuesday, I upped the ante a little bit. Just a little. I went in to Twin Rivers early, a little after 8:00, to swim the big pool for the first time this year. But when I went outside, the pool was low, very low. I told Debbie and she was shocked. Anyway, it was too low for me to flip in the shallow end, so I came back after 10:00 and swam the little pool. I did

  1,850 36:56
  2 X 25 no breath
  50 back
  2 X 25 no breath
  50 back
  2 X 25 no breath
  50 back
  50 fast
  200 small paddles
  total: 2,400 yards

That was more than Monday, so that was a victory. I could feel my lats were a little sore from swimming the day before. Yeah, I am downgraded, but I am bouncing.

After lunch and rest, I went out for some roadwork. I shuffled 2.09 miles. After .7 my legs felt wobbly. Unbelievable. Remember how I started this year? I ran a marathon, a 50K on a trail, a half-marathon, and a 5K. Now an average walker could stroll past me like I am standing still. But I am still too stubborn to stop.

I mowed the front lawn, rested, and hydrated. Then I went to the new and improved City. It really is nice out there now. The added stall matts make it look a feel a lot better. I did a pull workout, hitting the chest-supported row, underhanded lat pulldowns, and reverse flys. Of course I did corator tuff stuff. I always do.

So there is another three. I should be more fit today than yesterday. I will find out. Pool Fools is coming up. Please consider making a donation. This effort supports the Diabetes Foundation of Mississippi, the state's premier diabetes charity. Look them up on Charity Navigator. They have an extremely high rating with them, and they do lots of work with and for diabetics in this state.

No comments:

Post a Comment