Monday, May 1, 2023

Boxes on the Floor: A Short Tribute to my Wife

We have never talked about this, but it has been on my mind lately. Penny has always been very picky about her house. If a package came, the box had to be picked up immediately, not in a few minutes but now. She got that from her mother, I think, or maybe it is just hard wired in her. Somethings are like that. Despite that trait, we have been married a long time. I am not so good at keeping things picked up. 

We have always had cats. (Some of you might already know where I am going with this). She is not really a cat person, but I am. Currently, we share a house with four felines. They all have their own unique personality, but they all share some common cat traits.

Now and for the past few years, if a package comes, she leaves the box on the floor for a week or more. She doesn't have to tell me that the box bugs her. I already know that. But her heart is so big that she will leave a box on the floor so the cats can play in it. 

This makes me proud of her. It reveals the heart of a mother. Mothers are like that. They sacrifice their own comfort and likes for the happiness of others. Since our children are grown and on their own, it is the cats who are the recipients of her largess. But I also receive goodness from boxes on the floor. It blesses me to see her do this for the fur babies. That you, Babe, for being who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment