Friday, May 19, 2023

A Monster Ran Me out of the Pool

I went to the big pool Thursday morning, my for my first time of the year. I was on my fifth lap, going south when I saw one of those monster bugs on the bottom just west of my lane. I flipped on the south wall and moved over one lane to put distance between me and the monster. I was looking for him as I swam north. He had moved over and was on the surface. I stopped on the south wall and climbed out and retrieved one of the long pole nets they keep on the side of the pool. I went back to try to find him and kill him. He had disappeared. Finally, I climbed back in and swam 2 X 50 @ WIFL and then 100 small paddles. Then he re-appeared on the bottom by the south wall. He had those huge pinchers and was as ugly as anything I have ever seen.

I immediately climbed straight out on my belly on the concrete and once more fetched to pole net. Once more, he disappeared. They are like that. Sometimes I think they have demonic powers. I left. I will not share a lane with a monster. Call me a sissy if you want to, but I am not doing it. So I only swam 700 meters.

I rested most of the day even though I had not done much. Then I went to the City in the late afternoon and hung out with Pee Wee. While out there, I did 1.22 miles on the treadmill, and lifted really solidly. So the day was not a total flop. 

Today? I'm not ready to do battle with monsters. I'll go in to the little pool where I know I can finish my practice. Pool Fools? I will not be alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment