Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Another One Done

Tuesday was another long day at work due to final exams. The indoor pool at Twin Rivers was offline, so at least that narrowed my day a little when I did get off. I decided that I needed to go out on the road and run. The little bit of running I have done has all been on the treadmill for the past MONTH. I shuffled 2.1 miles. I must look rediculous out there at my old man pace, but I am still too stubborn to stop. Maybe this week I can get some miles in. Yes, I could tell that my fitness level has fallen.I hope to recapture at least a modicum of it. That should not take too long since a month ago I had real good endurance. 

At the gym, I worked pulling movements. On the machine shrug, I went to 315, a new PR. I didn't do a huge amount, but I was out there and so was Pee Wee. Thus I have had two good days in the gym with two days of light shuffling. Now maybe I can run some more and swim today. The pool is back up. Yehaa. Today is four days out of the water. It's one thing to get out of running shape. To lose swimming too? That is a tragedy I cannot bear at this moment.

Right now, I just finished the semester. Yeah, that. It was one of the most difficult ones I have had in years. I'm not complaining. I love the job. But I need the break. Thank you, Jesus, that I get a break. Summer I starts at the end of the month. Yes, I am teaching, but this suits me much better than last summer when I taught the second semester. That way, you go right out of summer school into the fall semester. Not fun. This time I have a couple of weeks now and I'll have about a month then. Praise God.

No comments:

Post a Comment