Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Shady Streets and Long Strokes

I'm still in the little pool. But at least I can do my whole practice there. Monday, I hit it pretty hard. I swam

  1,000 20:06
  3 X 300 r 1:00
    1st - 5:08
    2nd - 5:04
    3rd - 5:03
  1 X 50 r:1:00
  1,000 20:02
  50 back
  50 small paddles
  2 X 75 medium paddles
  50 back
  100 large paddles
  50 extra-large paddles
  total: 3,400 yards

That was a decent practice. It included volume, intensity, some stroke work, and strength work. What is missing from that? I know: kicking and butterfly.

The streets were shady when I shuffled around 3:00 p.m. I only did 1.65 miles, but that is more than I did this time last week. So was the swimming. I ran shady streets and swam long strokes. Nothing wrong with that. I'm on the way back.

At the gym, I did a really solid push workout. I hit the overhead press machine, incline bench press, the fly machine, and the seated dip machine. Pee Wee was happy and I was tired.

That always makes for a good day, a happy dog and a tired body. Cats? CC is still acting crazy. They are all acting crazy except Luvie. Luvie is always the same. He wants love, and he is a spot cat. 

What is a spot cat?

A spot cat is one who has A SPOT he or she naps in. One spot and the spot changes about every three weeks. Maybe I'll write a whole post on spot cats sometimes. It's an interesting concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment