Tuesday, May 2, 2023

You Are Very Welcome

Because it is exam week and I worked late, and because Forrest said he wanted to come to Plate City, I skipped the pool Monday. Not only was Forrest supposed to come, but Tyler mentioned stopping by also. So I went the the City with high expectations. 

Since I am a swimmer, I do a lot of corator ruff exercises, so I went out early and started those. I did four sets of external rotations with the green cords, three sets with red cords, and two sets with dumbbells. Yeah, I'm bad like that. Also I did some treadmill running while I waited on my company. 

Eventually, I started the workout proper. After a few sets, I was getting the idea that no one was going to show up. Pee Wee was there. Thank God for Pee Wee. He is always there. In all, I did a pretty massive workout. When I went back inside, I was pumped up in the old Hans and Fonz fashion. I did a bunch of sets on the overhead press machine and for the first time since I bought it, I wored on percentages. I added two sets of incline bench press with a regular bar. Except for Saturday when the boys were there, that is the first time I have used a regular bar on the bench in months. And I haven't done a flat bench in I can't remember when. 

In addition to all of that, I did a set on the fly machine and one on the seated dip machine. That seated dip put the polish on my punished muscles. I performed 16 reps with a bunch of pounds for me. When that was over, I was finished, ready to be set on a shelf. Then I went inside and set myself in bed for the rest of the night. I deserved it despite what some of you might think.

The treadmill shuffling amounted to 1.57 miles. Yeah, I am still on track to bust the bottom out of my run training. Again. But at least I did something. Something is 489 times better than nothing. I hope you appreciate that information because I stayed up one whole night doing the calculations on it. Get out there and do something, anything. Take a walk, ride your childhood bicycle around the block. Play toss with your dog. You will be 489 times better for it. 

You're welcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment