Saturday, May 27, 2023

Rich Dog

I met Tyler at the pool Friday morning. Yes, that would be the big pool. To make a short story long, we did not see any monsters. In fact, at one point I said, "I feel safe out here." We swam

  600 
  2 X 50 build
  4 X 50 paddles (small and medium)
  400 countdown
  100 easy
  total: 1,400 meters

That was my first real practice in the big pool. It was nice, a different stimulus. And it was nice to be back training with my old buddy. I think this was the second time we have swum together this year. Life takes turns, and we do what we can.

After the swim practice, Pee Wee had an appointment with the doctor. I got to thinking about it. Pee Wee is a pretty wealthy dog. He has two houses (and he sleeps in them both), a gym, and a backyard. He also has medical insurance, and good pay. After the vet appointment, I took him to the gravel road across from the radio station on Money road and let him run. He is a bit out of shape. In fact, he weighed in at 33 pounds at the vet. He weighed 26 pounds at his first trip to Dr. Johnson and 31 at the trip before this one. He needs to do more than hang out at the gym; he needs to use it.

Lunch was ready when Pee Wee and I got home, so I had to wait until 2:30 to run. I shuffled 4.55 miles. It was warm but not hot. Thank the Lord.

I did go to Plate City, so it was a super big day for Mr. Wee. By the way, he likes going to the vet. He wants to be everybody's friend, and it doesn't matter if you walk on two legs or four.

I did both push and pull or at least some form of that. I did do the overhead press, the reverse fly, the swim pull, some bikerg, some skierg, and something else, I think. It was a pretty full day, and I went in ready to wind down for the night. Thank you, Jesus, for a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment