Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Back to Work

Tuesday morning I went back to the big pool. Not only that, but I went back to work. But my class doesn't meet unitl 10:40. That meant I had plenty of time to train and still get to work early. I didn't need a lot of time, however, since it is race week, and I am cutting back a bit. I swam

  1,200 27:33 
  2 X 50 build
  600 countdown
  200 easy
  total: 2,100 long course meters

I felt the difference between the short course pool and the long course pool. I don't remember this being an issue it the past. Maybe that's because I had much more endurance when I was training for the Chicot Challenge. I was surprised when I got a little tired. But it had only been eleven and a half hours since I last swam. Well, that practice should help bump me up some.

Yes, I went to the City. Since I missed Monday, I did both push and pull. On the Bike Erg, I did three sets of 4:00 and shuffled 1.55 miles on the treadmill. I had a good workout at the gym. When I went inside, my muscles were wanting the tap out. 

Thus it was a pretty good day. I even injoyed my class, Comp II, which will be the last one I ever teach at our current location. We are slated to move for Summer II. 

Now if I can get fresh for Saturday. Penny and I are both looking forward to the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment