Friday, May 12, 2023

That Is an Improvement

It wasn't too bad, my trip to the doctor. I only had to wait 45 minutes past my appointment time before I was taken behind the closed doors. Doc listened to my lungs and didn't like something he heard, so he sent me to GLH for X-rays. But before he did, he had his nurse shoot me in the butt with a shot of antibiotics. That hurt a little bit. It felt like somebody wound up and punched me in the side of the butt. I even limped for a couple of hours. The trip to the hospital went frairly smoothly, and I was home by 12:30 noon.

I didn't hear my phone ring. I never do. But Dr. Hines left me a voice mail at 4:36 p.m. He had seen my X-rays. My lungs are clear and so are my sinuses.

Wow? I was convinced I had pneumonia. Or worse. He said that's what he thought too. And clear sinuses? I am blowing out about three pounds of snot per day. But I guess that's the trick. I'm blowing it out.

He said that means a virus of some sort, and he would order me some meds tomorrow (today). 

So I feel a lot better just knowing that. And I slept pretty well last night. I am damp now, and over the years I have always been refreshed when I woke up sweating. Apparently it has nothing to do with fever.

What's up for today? I hope to get out a little bit. That is an improvement. Maybe this afternoon I will go to Plate City. Right now I feel a little groggy. Groggy is a big improvement. I coughed a lot last night, but I am not coughing now. That is an improvement. I feel like I will do something outside of bed today. That is an improvement. I have hope for the immediate future. That is an improvement. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment