Monday, January 11, 2021

1/4 - 1/10

The training week was a mixed bag. We went back to work and we always spend more hours in our offices the week before classes start. Plus, John and I were knocked out of a swim Friday. The week went like this.

Monday I did not run. I did not swim. I did do bench presses at Plate City Gym. Tuesday I did not swim, and I did not lift. I ran, however, for 8.35 miles.

Wednesday I swam. Not only that but I shuffled. I only went for 2.06 miles, but that is still a run. I lifted also so it was a full day of work and working out. Since I was back in Moorhead Thursday, something had to go. That something was the swim. I did run for 2.87 miles and lift legs at the gym. 

Friday was the big disappointment with us getting knocked out of a swim by the film crew. I wrote already about how John threw a fit big enough for the two of us thus saving me the trouble. I did not run and I did not lift.

Saturday I kicked butt and took names. John and I swam, and I went for 2,800 yards. Later I did roadwork for 9.33 miles. That is my longest run of the still very new year. Then I did push, pull, and legs all in one session at my beloved Plate City.

For the week, I

swam a mere 3,930 meters,

lifted weights four times, and 

ran 22.61 miles.

I did not spend a single second on the stationary bicycle. But the run week was pretty good. That is my most in one week for the year. Now with classes starting maybe I can get on a schedule and start knocking off some good training. Thank you, Jesus, for the training I got in this past week and the health and energy to dream of a better week to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment