Friday, January 1, 2021

NYE

New York Eve was nice this year. I started my usual way, but by mid-morning I was at Plate City putting together my new machine. It is a bicep/triceps machine. Being new, unused, and needed, I'm excited about this upgraded to the gym. I found putting this thing together to be extremely difficult. 

Titan only sells to people who have a man card. They rarely included instructions. Not to worry, this one only had seven parts. I thought, this will be the easiest one ever. It was, however, the most difficult one ever. I thought about Dad and how he would have pitched a fit. I felt like it. Eventually I got it done, and now I understand that machine. I figured out all seven parts.

At the pool, I swam

1,850 37:15

25 back kick/25 swim

500 for time 8:18

200 small paddles 3:45

100 back 2:25

brick kick

25

100 medium paddles 1:48

total: 2,800 yards = 2,559 meters.

I then did a short shuffle of 2.05 miles. After that, I eagerly went to Plate City for push and to try out the new machine. I benched with the Swiss bar

20 X 38

17 X 88

14 X 108

  9 X 113

  9 X 113

15 X 88 narrow grip

On the new machine, I did three sets of triceps: 10, 12, and 13 reps at 44 pounds. When I was finished, I had a pump in the tris that I had never felt before. Bingo!

We went to Hillbilly Heaven after dark and enjoyed a good meal and a movie. We watched Harriet. Now I want to read a biography on her. It was a nice day. When we got home, the gunfire started. It really did sound like a war. Pee Wee was terrified. Poor pooch. But we made it. We outlived 2020. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment