Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Running in the Rain

Running in the rain does not have the same appeal for me that swimming in the rain does. It does, however, carry with it a certain ambience. In other words, I enjoy it a bit. One problem with the rain, though, is that this time of year it is often cold and getting wet in the cold is usually not much fun. A bit back I purchased a new rain jacket for riding and running. I paid a lot for it, but my last one lasted for thirty years. At sixty-fours years of age, I can probably get be with twenty-five years on my new rain jacket.

So I left the house in the rain. It was not a heavy rain, but a steady peppering of falling water. Unlike my last suit, this one did not leak. Suits designed to run or cycle in generally leak. It's sort of like wearing a wetsuit swimming. You get wet, but only a little at a time so your body can warm up the wetness. I shuffled for 5.62 miles and was only mildly damp from sweating not rain. The rain jacket was worth the money.

Since I work so late Tuesdays, I am leaving swimming off the agenda for the rest of the semester on that day. That means that after the run comes the gym. It was pull day at Plate City, and I did a circuit of reverse flys, lat pull downs, and one-arm bent rows. It want like this:

Reverse fly            Lat pull down             one-arm bent rows

10                            22 X 50                        6 X 50

12                            21 X 55                        5 X 55

13                            20 X 60                        4 X 60

14                            19 X 63                        4 X 60

15                            18 X 64                        4 X 60

16

I also did the usual torator ruff stuff and stretching. So it was another good day of training. Thank you, Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment