Sunday, January 3, 2021

Twoth of January

The twoth day of the new year was a full one: full of coffee, cats, football, training, study, and lounging. After missing my swim Friday, I was anxious to get to the pool. When I went in, the place was filled with people playing around. I left, came back an hour later, and swam

1,900 37:25

100 back 2:21

200 for time  3:09

100 medium paddles 1:53

total: 2,300 yards = 2,102 meters.

I finally relearned how to swim for time. The secret is the swim the first 25 like you are in a 25 yard race. Then swim the second 25 the same way. After that, hang on to your butt. The 3:09 was the best I have swum a 200 in maybe two years. I can do better, but hanging onto your butt is the hard part.

I did not run. That was by design. I did, however, go to Plate City. After three sets of light box squats, I did my heavy high-rack pulls as

13 X 135

10 X 185

  7 X 205

  5 X 225

  4 X 235

  3 X 245

  1 X 250

Jay Unver was there and we chatted some. He will write an article soon on my new world records and me beating Randy Beets by 250 pounds on the rack pull.

Penny grilled us a steak, and CC and I watched the Texas A&M game. I think the SEC is 6-2 in bowl games this year. The haters will call us winning only six games a failure. Most of the teams we played how far batter records. For instance, 3-7 Mississippi State beat 6-2 Tulsa both on the field and in the aftergame brawl. Go SEC. In addition to State, Ole Miss won, Georgia won, A&M pulled it out, Alabama stomped butt, and Kentucky defeated their opponent. Only Florida and Auburn lost. Is it just me or does Auburn normally underachieve in bowl games?

Thank you, Jesus, for a good day and a better bowl season.

No comments:

Post a Comment