Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Normal Tuesday

With the exception of having to make an emergency trip to the tooth dentist, Tuesday was a normal day. I taught late, skipped the pool, but ran and lifted. The weather was warm, my motivation high, and the cats sweet by the time I settled down for the night. Life is good. God is great.

For the run, I did the Wade loop thing and finished with 7.35 miles. That is probably what I will be doing on Tuesday afternoons throughout this semester. With the days getting a bit longer, I will be able to go farther and farther out Money Road before getting caught in the dark. The problem with getting caught in the dark is coyotes. I am not really afraid of them, but it is a bit unnerving to be out there alone in the dark and hear a pack open up with their demonic sounding howls. Trust me, it is. And then there is the traffic. I don't feel real safe after dark out there.

After the run, I went inside, ate a banana, and rested some. Then I went out to Plate City. It was pull night and with the new attachment for the landmine, I was eager to get to it. I have had the landmine for probably two years. If you don't know what a landmine is, it is an device that has a male fitting on one side that fits down into the openings of weight plates. Weight plates can be stacked on the floor and a landmine stuck down into them. On the other side, is a female end that will receive an Olympic bar. One can then put in the bar and do rows and other exercises. Only, one needs a handle. I finally got around to purchasing a handle for the landmine. I did reverse flys with the red cord, lat pull downs and landmine rows. On the rows, I did

15 X 35

13 X 45 

11 X 55

  8 X 67.5

Also I did five sets of lat pull downs and six sets of reverse flys. In addition to that, I did the typical torator ruff stuff and lots of stretching. That was a good day. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment