Friday, January 29, 2021

Only Two

I only did two workouts Thursday unless you count the huge flash of anger I had. My blood pressure got so high I probably had a mini-stroke. It went like this. At the pool, I swam

2,300 45:03

700 for time 12:03

100 medium paddles 1:50

25 back (this is where the stroke occurred)

25 free

total: 3,150 yards = 2,879 meters.  

I was going to work backstroke. On my first length something alerted me that things were different. I noticed just in time to keep from slamming my head against the end of the pool. The flags were gone! WHAT!?!?!?!

First, I have hit the wall before. With flags. I did it in the DSU pool. It's not hard to do. Space out, get to thinking about something, forget where you are and wham! It hurts and is very dangerous. You can get a concussion, a broken neck or both. In other words, you can become crippled or die.

I was so furious that I immediately got out of the water. There should be a sign up warning people not to swim on their back. There was no sign, and I did not notice. By the grace of God, I am still able to walk today. 

John said they were probably going to put some new ones up. (Yes, he was late). He concluded that from the fact that the hooks were still there. Maybe and maybe not. Two things, though. First I bought the previous set. I paid for them. Second, why not leave the old ones up until the new ones come in?

I am still a little ticked this morning. Playing with my life has always had the effect of making me angry. Motorist do it when I ride a bicycle. I get very angry in response. That is why I don't pack a gun when I ride.

So I went home in a fume. I did not run because I wanted to be a little fresh for Friday. I have a big one planned. I did lift, bench pressed with the Swiss bar. I pushed

21 X 38

16 X 88

15 X 108

12 X 113

11 X 118

17 X 88 narrow grip

Then I did 11 dips, and two sets of the triceps machine. Also I did seven sets of lateral raises. After all of that, I went inside and started getting ready for Friday. I'll let you know about it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment