Saturday, January 16, 2021

First Friday of the Semester

It was a good one. Yes, I lounged in, drank coffee, and hung out with the cats. When I did get up, it was to run. I shuffled 3.04 miles in the brisk morning air and hit the Yazoo River Trail for a slice of wilderness/nature. Then I took an early lunch so I could make the pool in the wee hours of the afternoon. At the Twin Rivers, I swam

2,100 39:15

600 for time 9:59

500 medium paddles 8:55

100 back 2:26

total: 3,300 yards = 3,016 meters.

I didn't tarry long before going to Plate City Gym. I did pulls. This time I structured the workout a little differently. I did reverse flys, lat pulldowns, and one-armed bent rows in a circuit. I went four times through. I enjoyed it and will probably follow that protocol for the next dozen or so workouts.

Penny and I met the Barrentines, Junior and Frances, at Hilltop for supper. We had a nice steak, and I had to leave a few bites of potato on my plate. I can't eat as much in my old age as I used to. I guess that is good. Thank you, Jesus, for a good day, good food, and good fellowship.

No comments:

Post a Comment