Monday, March 1, 2021

2/22 - 2/28

I had my third straight thirty-mile week. That's the kind of training I need for the Great Geezer Run for Diabetes. Monday, I shuffled an easy 2.65 and swam 3,400. I did not lift, and I do not remember why. Tuesday, I lifted and ran 9.35. The run was an out and back on Money Road. The days are now long enough for me to do a longish run out there during the week. In a fortnight, we switch to Daylight Savings Time, and time will no longer be an issue. Yes, I sometimes run in the dark, but I don't like to be too far out Money Road when a light is needed.

Wednesday, I swam a mere 1,200 yards, ran a merer 2.68 miles, and lifted some merest weight, leg work. I used the Tank for the first time. It's a big glute buster. John was out Thursday so I skipped the pool and hit the road for 3.8 miles and the then hit the bed. Exhaustion had overtaken me from the training and the school work.

Friday I went out on a rainy day and shuffled for 11.61 miles. It was a good shuffle, but it left me without the will to do anything else. I neither swam nor lifted. Saturday I swam and lifted. The water came in for 3,300 yards. The gym saw me do both push and pull but let the legs rest.

For the week, I

swam 7,219 meters,

lifted weights three times, and 

ran 30.09 miles.

That was a pretty solid week. I hope to run more miles next week and lift more and swim more. The sled and the wheel barrel will come in for some heavy use. Thank you, Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment