Wednesday, March 24, 2021

As Hard as I Dare

Tuesdays I do one thing. Besides working and petting cats and mowing grass and paying bills that is. I run. Long. I run long, or longish. I went out Money Road and decided to go one way a few minutes longer than last week. I turned around at 1:20 and headed back towards town. But on the way out, I did a little bit of multi-pacing. Not much, but I am so tired of being slow. I know I have to begin to make myself run a little faster. I need to make those leg muscles remember what it is like to stretch out a bit.

I finished with 12.34 miles. One mile of that was at a sub-10:00 pace broken up into little pickups. The pickups actually made my legs feel better. I think they were becoming zombified with all the slow plodding. I also know from past experience that I cannot push the pace too much or I will break down. But every know and again I need to make the legs stretch out and turn over faster

When I got home, it was late, I was tired, and the cats were love hungry. I packed it in for the night. Tomorrow I will swim and lift in addition to the running. My fitness is coming up. Will I be ready for the Great Geezer? All I can do is all I can do. I am pushing the training as hard as I dare. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment