Sunday, March 28, 2021

Major Training Day

Fridays are for training and that is what I did. First, I started with the usual slow start stuff: coffee drinking, studying, hanging with the cats. Then I got up and put on my running clothes. I ran the Yazoo Trail, crossed the Popular Street bridge, and ran to and down the Linear Park. After that, I crossed the highway bridge and went out Claiborne extended. I crossed the highway at Fort Pemberton and then did the behind Wal Mart thing and the Sargent John Pittman Drive to Medallion Drive to Riverside Drive to Robert E. Lee to the gravel road to home thing. There were some zigs and zags thrown in to add distance. I finished the run with 13.03 miles.

A thirteen-mile run is usually a days work. This time, however, I rested and ate and then went to Plate City. There I benched

26 X 38

16 X 88

11 X 108

  6 X 113

  6 X 113

  6 X 113

  8 X 88 narrow grip.

In addition to that, I did two sets of dips, one set of the Swim Pull, one set of dumbbell overhead presses, and fourteen sets of lateral raises. Huh? Yeah, fourteen sets of the lateral raise.

I call all of that a major training day. Thank you, Jesus. We are now one day closer to the Great Geezer Run for Diabetes. Remain in prayer please.

No comments:

Post a Comment