Thursday, March 11, 2021

Two in a Row

I went back to the pool Wednesday. That makes twice this week. Imagine me saying that. Well, one thing that spurred me on was the announcement of the Mississippi Senior Olympics Swim Meet. They had announced earlier that the games were going on. They had even announced the date for the whole thing, April to October. There were no specifics, however, and that left me a bit directionless and without motivation in the water.

I know what you are thinking: Just train like the meet is next week. I would have except for the Geezer Run which is getting most of my time and almost all of my energy. I am so irritable right now that even my cats are beginning to avoid me. That is what happens when you are in heavy training.

A couple of days ago, the word finally came forth on the exact dates for the events. The swim meet will be held May 22. That is a bit of a clash with the Geezer Run. I had been hoping they would shove it back into June or even July. That would give more time for more people to be vaccinated. When I informed Penny of the date, she asked, "Are you going to be able to do that after running that far?" 

Good question. 

The short answer is yes. The longer answer is yes, but. . . . I answered her, "Yes, but my performance is not going to be as good." I'll spare you of all the reasons for that. But the news did put a little wind in my sails. I went to the pool for the second day in a row. Once there, I swam

1,100 21:37

10 X 50

500 medium paddles 8:56

3 X 50 back

100 large paddles 1:40

250 small paddles 4:52

total: 2,600 yards = 2,376 meters.

When I got out of the pool, I did some errands and then went home for a shuffle. I only ran 3.08 miles, but that was pretty good when added to the big miles I have already piled up this week. I was waiting on a phone call and by the time it came, it was late and I was lazy so no gym time last night.

Still is was a good day. I weighed this morning and was under 170 for the first time in several years. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment