Friday, March 12, 2021

Three in a Row

I made it to the pool a little after 10:00 a.m. The ladies aerobics was just wrapping up. There was some sort of cleaning apparatus in the water that I partially removed to the north pool deck so that it would not drift into my lane. I started warming up when a young woman came in. The cleaning thing (sort of like a long vacuum cleaner hose) was in what would be her lane. I rolled over on my back and said, "You can take the rest of that thing out of the water." She turned and I saw that it was Tabitha. We used to swim Masters at DSU and have swum together once at Twin Rivers. "Hey, Tabby," I said. "Warm up and let's do 3 X 500."

She agreed, but I wondered about her enthusiasm. I swam

1,200 25:13

Then we chatted about what sets to do. I offered three choices: 3 X 500, the Meet, or 1,000 for time. She chose the Meet.

I have done this one once before. This is where I do my entire Mississippi Senior Olympic Meet in 18 minutes. I swim the four events for time on a 2:00 minute base (longer for the backstroke). So we lit out on

200 @ 4:00 (3:15)

100 @ 2:00 (1:32)

100 back @ 3:00 (2:11)

500 @ 9:00 (8:31)

She beat me on the back stroke. I was not surprised. With her being in the water, I had a little extra drive to swim hard. She held up well until we got to the 500. She is more of a sprinter so I lapped her in the 500. That gave me a push. After that set, I swam

300 medium paddles 5:29

brick kick

200 medium paddles 3:38

100 long paddles 1:56

total: 2,700 yards = 2,457 meters.

Penny and I had a ministers and wives banquet that night so I left the house in the early afternoon for some roadwork. It was warm, my first real warm weather training of the year. I shuffled for 10.02 miles giving me 34.69 for the week. That is the most for a week since 2016. And I am not through. For the next two days, however, I will not run much, maybe one more really short shuffle. You don't make huge jumps in mileage. 

So it was another good day. With the ministers' meeting, I did not get to lift. I have some making up to do there. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment