Monday, March 15, 2021

3/8 - 3/14

Spring Break week was a banner one. Monday I did my big loop run up Highway 49, through Bledsoe Plantation, across the Tallahatchie Bridge at Money, and down Money Road back home. I texted Penny for a pickup. It's not that I could not have finished, but my feet were getting pretty sore and I had a big training week planned. Best to tap out and train the rest of the week, I thought. Anyway, I got a total of 23.62 miles in of which 18.38 were running.

Tuesday I shuffled a short 3.05 on feet that did not feel too bad. I swam 2,010 meters and lifted weights. Wednesday I continued my assault on the mileage with another 3.08 miles. Also, I went to the pool and swam another 2,376 meters.

Thursday I swam 2,467 meters and went for a long run. I say long, but I have always defined a long run as ten or more miles. I went 10.02 giving me 34.69 in only four days. Friday, I slowed it down with a 2.34 mile shuffle. In the pool, I did a mere 1,600 meters. The fatigue was beginning to build upl. 

By Saturday, I was not feeling too energetic. I lounged, studied, and was generally worthless. I did finally go to Plate City for only my second lifting session of the week. I did push/pull/legs all in one day. My 20-rep squat hit 75 pounds and is not fun anymore, but I believe it will pay off down the road. Also I did some Swim Pulls. Since the date has been set for the Senior Olympics, I need to do this exercise at least twice per week and maybe even everyday. 

For the week, I 

swam 9,823 meters,

lifted weights two times, and

ran 37.03 miles.

That is my biggest run week in two or more years. Probably three, but I am not going to look it up. It was a good week, the kind I need to be able to run to Ridgeland. Thank you, Jesus, for opportunity, time, and motive to pull it off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment