Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Stubborn

A while back I mentioned that while out running I had not frightened any women since 2016. Something must have changed. I guess I look harmless now. At work the other day, Katie Jones mentioned that she saw me "out shuffling." 

Huh? 

Later, when I mentioned to her her choice of words, she replied, "Did I say 'shuffling'?"

Indeed she did.

My wife drove up behind me one day last week when she was coming home from work, and I was out running. Later she said, "I don't see how you are going to run to Jackson. You looked like an old man out there trying to run."

Ouch!

I asked Katie Jones if I looked like an old man out there when she saw me "shuffling." She hesitated and remarked: "You looked your age."

Ouch!

I guess it's true. I'm an old man. But I'm still too stubborn to give up. I'm out there everyday trying to do it, putting in the miles, hoping for a return to my previous form. Maybe it will happen. Maybe it will not. Either way, I will be out there as long as my body allows, shuffling, running, doing roadwork, whatever you want to call it. Sometimes stubbornness is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment