Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Long Work; Short Workout

Monday I went back to work. Not only that, but we are in Priority Registration which means we stay long hours and do nothing. Something had to get dropped from the schedule. It was the pool. 

I ran when I finally got home. The shuffle was a short 3.34 miles, but that is better than a poke in the eye. I ran downtown which I like to do occasionally. Then I crossed the Popular Street bridge and ran the Yazoo River Trail. I saw some unsavory looking characters hanging out on the trail. I am sure they were not exercising so ladies beware. 

Then it was gym time. I had a package arrive from Titan Fitness. It was my new adjustable bench. I need a new bench because my old one rusted up and will no longer adjust. That happened when Plate City was outside in the weather on Monroe Avenue. Now that I have a top, this bench should be the last one I buy.

I went out to lift and put the bench together. The mosquitoes were so bad that I bundled up like it was winter. I started warming up and doing shoulder work while I unpacked the box and started on the bench. I wanted to do some incline bench presses on my new equipment, but it grew dark on me before I could finish putting the thing together. Hence, I only worked my shoulders. I hope this is not the beginning of a Bro split, but that probably would not be that bad.

Maybe I can finish the put together today and do my benches. I am, however, planning a long run so I might not finish today either even though we are now on Daylight Savings Time. we'll see. I'll let you know how it goes. Wait with bated breath. 

Thank you, Jesus, for a job and training and plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment