Monday, March 29, 2021

3/22 - 3/28

I had another strong week of Geezer training. Monday I swam 2,742 meters, ran 3.5 miles, and lifted weights. Tuesday was my long run, and I went 12.34 miles. That is the kind of mileage I need to hit often to prepare for the Geezer. Really, I need some back-to-back long runs, but I have feared doing them. 

Wednesday I swam 2,833 meters. I did not run, but I did lift. Thursday I was back to all three. In the pool, I hit 3,199 meters. On the road I shuffled 3.22 miles. In the gym, I did nothing. Sorry, that makes two not three.

Friday I went long again. I did 13.03 miles of roadwork and lifted for a long session. Since I was off work, I was able to get the gym in after running long. The 13 brought me up to 30+ for the week, my seventh in a row and eight of the last nine weeks. 

For the week, I

swam 8,774 meters,

ran 32.09 miles, and

lifted weights three times.

I am on track to be in the kind of shape I need to be in if I can keep the mileage up. I am, however, thinking of a drop back week to let some things get better. Those are the kinds of decisions one has to make constantly when training for something really big. Thirty miles is big distance for me. Really, I need a forty or more at least once preferably twice before the Geezer. But better sorry than safe, as they say.

Saturday, Penny and I went down, measured the course, and established the last few miles. The last miles are good with all of them on a walking/bike trail or with a bike lane on the road. I now know where the DFM office is and the best way to get there on foot. The excitement continues to grow. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment