Monday, March 22, 2021

3/15 - 3/21

Last week was another solid week of Geezer training. Monday I shuffled 3.34 miles but did little else. My new bench came in and I worked on putting it together and did a bit of shoulder work between turning nuts.

Tuesday I did my mid-week long run. I enjoyed the daylight savings time for 11.29 miles. 

Wednesday I ran another 2.16 miles and did some actually weight training, which included my 20-rep squat set. It was not until Thursday, however, that I got back into the water with 1,450 yards for one of my only two swims of the week. I did not run nor lift. 

Friday I went out for a very short 1.55 miles trying to get a bit a taper in for the Viking. Saturday I ran the Viking, adding another 13.17 miles to my weekly total. Also, I lifted weights and swam 1,100 yards. 

For the week, I 

swam 2,330 meters,
lifted weights three times, and
ran 31.51 miles.

That made my sixth straight thirty+ mile weeks and seven of the last eight. I need to maintain that and hit one or two forty-mile weeks to finish my conditioning for the Geezer. 

My boss told me today that if I was scheduled to work graduation that she would work in my place if need be. That is a leader that I will follow. Renee Moor is top of the line in my book. I think she is in God's book also. She is the most selfless person I have ever known. She and her husband raised nineteen children. They pastor a church. She has always treated me right. I can't say that about everybody I work with. God bless her. Thank you, Jesus, that you put her in my path.

No comments:

Post a Comment