Monday, March 8, 2021

3/1 - 3/7

I had another pretty good training week starting Monday with 2.8 miles of running and 2,300 yards of swimming. Tuesday I continued with 2.91 miles of roadwork and a solid session of upper body work at Plate City Gym.

Wednesday I went for a long run and did 13.31 miles. That fatigued me to the point that I went inside afterwards and retired for the night. Thursday I was still tired and did not swim, or run. I did, however, drag out of the house long enough to do my twenty-rep squat set and a few other leg things. 

Friday, I made my trip to Jeff Busby State Park, ran up Little Mountain, and did 11.02 miles of exploring on foot. It was a nice day with lots of hills and one big surprise. I already wrote about that, about meeting Bo Duke. What a day.

Saturday, Penny and I had breakfast at Acy's. We were on our way to one of my stops on the Great Geezer Run for Diabetes. Gloria Hathcock has graciously agreed to let me overnight with her and husband George. They live in Durant. We found their house and had a nice visit with them.

Things are starting to take shape. She offered to pick me up, house me, and take me back to where she got me the day before. She even offered to do that for two nights. That solves a big logistical issue. Once past Durant, there is no where to stay until you get to Canton and Canton is too far for me to make in a single day from Durant. 

So things are working out. My exact departure date is still not yet set. I am trying to get off work that Friday which is our graduation day. If I can get off, I can leave early the morning of May 7th. In fact, if I get off, I can even leave the 6th because I should have my grades by Wednesday night. One day can make a difference. That time of year, the chances of it getting really hot increase with every passing day. It can get so hot that you literally cannot haul enough fluids to stay alive so the earlier I leave the better.

For the week, I

only swam 2,102 meters,

lifted weights a mere three times, but

ran 30.1 miles.

That makes four straight weeks at thirty or more miles. I need to keep the streak going and hit some new highs. Also, I need to must stay healthy. I have been battling some small issues. But small issues can turn into big ones. Pray for me. I am off work this week, and as I type this I am trying to plot out my day. Part of me wants to be aggressive. Part of me wants to be cautious. Lord help me to make the right decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment