Friday, March 26, 2021

Big Day

Thursday was a big day, an exciting day, a full day. First, it was Friday at work. That always makes me feel good. Second, I spoke at a joint meeting of the Kiwanis and Lions Clubs at lunch. That always puts a little pressure on me. The talk went well. I thought. I told them about how the Geezer Run came about, why I do these things, how I am training, what the plan is, and what I expect to be the biggest challenges. I also encouraged them to set physical goals for themselves and go out and achieve them. The Kiwanis gave me a check made out to the Diabetes Foundation of Mississippi for $250. 

That is a nice donation and helps get the fundraising going. Bethany Theilman of the DFM set up a Go Fund Me page and it has already brought in $275. I know a few other people have already donated by mail so we are off to a good start. Now I just need to stay healthy and keep training.

At the pool, John was there but late. I swam

2,000 38:00

4 X 350 @ 7:00

 1 - 5:58

 2 - 5:57

 3 - 5:57

 4 - 5:57

100 medium paddles

total: 3,500 yards = 3,199 meters.

This time, instead of the run getting away from me, the gym did. I shuffled an easy 3.22 miles. But when I finished that I was finished. Nevertheless, that makes two good back-to-back days of solid swimming. My weight is easing down and my fitness is creeping up. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment