Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Need of Wisdom

My second day off work when I would normally be at school was a good one. I lounged in with CC and drank lots of coffee. Then I mowed the lawn which had been needing it for weeks but it has rained and iced and snowed so much I have not had the chance. The yard looks better. Then I went to the pool. Last week I only swam once. Huh? Yeah, one time for a mere 2,200 yards. So Tuesday I swam a mere 2,200 yards. The plan, however, is to swim several times this week.

After that, I met Simon at the old house. He fixed the front door, helped me move the last piece of furniture we had over there, and he loaded a couple of things Penny gave him. Not only that, but I stuck a few books into the back seat of my truck along with a pair of swim paddles, and my TRX system that I have been looking for for months.

When Simon and I finished unloading the furniture, I lit out on my run, going out the gravel road. It was a short one, 3.02 miles, but with Mondays 18.38, I have a strong week started. After lounging inside for a bit, I went to Plate City in the dark. I benched

15 X 100
  9 X 120
  5 X 130
  4 X 130
  4 X 130
  4 X 130

I also did one set of log presses, three sets on the curl machine, a bunch of sets of lateral raises, and some seated rows. All in all, I hit the whole upper body hard.
I am still and always in need of prayer. My body is mildly protesting the increase of roadwork. I am pushing things as hard as I dare. My dare might be too much. Give me wisdom, Lord Jesus, and thank you for its need.

No comments:

Post a Comment