Monday, August 29, 2022

8/22 - 8/28

It was an interesting week, one that saw me finally bring my weekly run average to 20 miles and also saw me do my first complete triathlon in several years. I think it was 2019 when I did my last one. For the past two years, I have only done the Heart O' Dixie as the swimmer on a relay team. Well, here is how it went.

Monday I worked legs so I could get that in and hopefully recover a bit before Saturday's tri. I ran 1.12 miles and did squats at Plate City.

Tuesday was my long(ish) run of the week with a 6.65-mile effort. First, however, I swam 1,550 yards in the little pool.

By Wednesday, I was trying to cut the run distance a little while still getting in some reasonable miles. I did 4.73 on the road, 1,300 meters in the water, and some big lifting in the gym.

My legs were feeling pretty dead when I shuffled 3.13 miles Thursday. Tyler and I met that morning in the pool for 1,000 meters of tune up swimming. He did Dragonfly also. I did more lifting that night.

Friday was a take it easy day. I tipped around the neighborhood for 1.65 miles. Then Penny and I headed out to Batesville. 

Saturday was the Dragonfly Triathlon, a .5-mile swim, an 18-mile bicycle race, and then four miles of running half of which was on a trail. I had fun. Yeah, I suffered a little, but I got in a good workout. No, I did not place in my age group. I was fourth of four. I was the fastest swimmer in the bunch, but I was the slowest everything else. When I got home and took a long nap, I went to Plate City for some trapbar deadlifting. Yeah, I am obssessed like that.

For the week, I

  cycled 18 miles,
  lifted weights four times,
  swam 4,716 meters, and
  ran 21.28 miles

That wasn't bad. It was a little short on cycling and swimming, but I am focusing on the run right now. I am registered for a full marathon in February and I hope to do a 50-mile ultra in March. Yeah, I'm bad like that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment