Wednesday, August 10, 2022

First Two Days

Monday we went back to work. This is always a bittersweet time for me. Especially this year because I taught Summer II and it was like I didn't have a summer (Yes, I know that is a sentence fragment. When an English teacher writes a sentence fragment, it has the effect of cursing without the sin). The week before classes start is basically a punishment week. We get punished for being teachers. Administrators think we desrve to be punished for the audacity of daring to teach. But it's OK, or as OK as I can make it. Monday was not so bad, and we even had ice-cream. I actually emailed our president and thanked him for that. 

Since we were tied up allday Monday, my training was truncated. I went out for a longish run of 8.14 miles. By the time I finished that, there was not much left of me so that's all I did.

Tuesday, however, I tried to get a jump on the day by getting up and hitting the pool before work. I swam 

  1,000
  2 X 50 build
  total: 1,100 long course meters

Why so little? My shoulder starting hurting. I stopped and stretched after the 1,000, and it did not hurt anymore. But I cut it short because I did not want to develop and full-blown injury.

Sigh.

After work, I went to Plate City to lift and do a little bit of treadmill running. I becnhed-- decline-- and shuffled a total of 2.1 miles. Yehaa. And I set a new PR on the seated dip machine. Yehaa again.

Anyway, I am on the job now. I will be working on publishing my Canvas courses and drinking coffee. Thank you, Jesus, for my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment