Sunday, August 21, 2022

Saturday

Saturday is always a special day. This time, Penny was out of town at a women's conference, and I was still tired from Friday's long run. I started the day, however, with breakfast at Acy's with my old friend Danny Collins. We get together from time to time, have breakfast and chat. I think I have told you before the Acy's has the best short order cooking around. Seriously, check them out.

After I got home, I loaded the truck and headed to Skene, Mississippi to take our grandson, Zane, his birthday gifts. He is into working out, and I made a couple of purchases recently through Facebook Market Place. I took him a bench, another barbell, and some weight plates. He is on his way to building a home gym.

Back home, I rested, ate lunch, and rested some more. Then I went to Plate City. There I lifted push and pull. I needed some leg work but I settled on two five minute rounds on the stationary bicycle and 1.31 miles on the treadmill. There were other things I could have done, but Penny was home by then so I went in and listened to her.

That was it. Fatigue had caught up with me, and it was time to relax. I am pretty good at relaxing. Praise God for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment