Thursday, August 18, 2022

Better than a Poke in the Eye

I didn't get around to posting yesterday. I was busy. When I wasn't, I was taking a nap. So there.

Tuesday, I lifted some-- pull. Usually I do not start the week with pulling, but since I only did three upper body workouts last week and two of those were pushing, I started this week with pulling. Then I went out for a run going 8.55 miles. Yeah.

Wednesday, I finally made it to the pool for the first time this week. I took it easy, trying to ease back into training and keep my shoulder happy. I swam

  1,350 27:28
  2 X 50 fast
  50 back
  total: 1,500 yards = 1,371 meters

Then I went to Plate City and did push and legs. On the pushing, I did pin presses on the bench. I did not go real heavy since this is a new movement for me.  My plan now is to rotate variations of the bench for three weeks (or four) in a row. The pin press is just one of those variations.

On the legs, I did my usual squat with treadmill running between sets. Before the squats, I did the hip abductor and adductor machine. Yeah, I'm bad like that.

So there you have it. I am off to a good start running, a fair start lifting, and a start swimming. At least it's better than a poke in the eye. Praise God.

No comments:

Post a Comment