Friday, August 26, 2022

A Leisurely Pace

Tyler and I met at the pool at 5:45 a.m. We used to meet at that time and it was a bit light then. One could see the bottom of the pool. Yesterday, we stalled, waiting on some light and eventually I moved to the east wall because I could see better there. Normally I swim along the west wall. The days are getting way shorter and with all the clouds and rain, the water was pretty cool, I'd guess 79 or 80.

But that doesn't sound cold.

Crawl your hiney in there and see. Wednesday afternoon while Vicki and I were swimming, two women showed up who wanted to swim. They tried to get in and one said, "We can't take it. We're going over there," she said, pointing to the little pool. August and the water is cold in the Deep South. Go figure.

We didn't do much. I am not tapering, but Tyler has some aspirations of winning the Cyldsdale division at Saturday's Dragon Fly Tri. So we swam

  500 warm up
  3 X 100 hard
  200 cool down
  total: 1,000 meters

That was it: short, sweet, a little bit of intensity. Something Tyler can easily recover from and swim well Saturday. Me, I am just going to show up and do what I can do.

Thursday, our Friday, I have only writing classes. I taught those, did my office hours, and went home. After a nap, I went out for a run and went 3.13 miles. Then I went to Plate City and lifted, pull. 

Right now, I am drinking coffee and hanging out with CC. Maybe I will get up and do a short run. Maybe I won't. Penny and I have still not decided if we are driving up today and spending the night or getting up early. Since she never sleeps well when we travel, it might be more benficial for her if we get up early and drive up in the morning. I'll let you know what we decide. I like being in the postition of being able to make decisions at a leisurly pace. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment