Saturday, August 13, 2022

I'm like That

I did my tour of duty Friday. Yeah, I worked until 4:00. Actually, I made it an effort not to walk out the door until two minutes after 4:00. I know what you are thinking: "Poor baby. Try getting a real job." I've had a real job. I'm not looking for another. I'm unambitous like that.

I did get up early and swim, but only went 1,000 meters. Why? My shoulder was hurting a little in a new spot. Huh? Yeah, I figured better sorry than safe so I tapped out and went home. Yeah, I'm wimpy like that.

At work, I published the rest of my courses in Canvas, watched some YouTube videos, and helped Katie decorate for next week. Yeah, I help out like that. I held the roll of tape for her while she put stuff on the wall. The Greenwood Center is going to be palace. We even have snacks. 

When I got off work, the plan was to take a run. But I lounged, grew comfortable, even napped some. Yeah, I am no good like that.

So I survived Hades Week one more time. Now I will try to establish my routine. I am not yet sure what it will be. Some classes may not make. My film class I like to do once per week, but that is contingent on all the students agreeing to that. I will not know what my new routine is at least until the end of next week. But my superiors wanted my door schedule yesterday. Better to do it twice than do it once. Be wrong. Wreck your day. Don't use common sense. Let someone else wreck things for you. Be a wimp like that. I am.   

No comments:

Post a Comment