Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Boy Howdy!

Boy howdy, did I bust out a big one yesterday. After work and after lunch, I went to the pool. I like going in mid-afternoon because I have the place all to myself. There I swam

  3,800 1:15:13
  2 X 25 no breath
  2 X 25 one breath
  2 X 25 two breaths
  2 X 25 three breaths
  50 back
  total: 4,050 yards = 3,701 meters

The three breath rhythm felt good. I might try that next on some 50s. I am trying to do two things with those. One, I am trying to habituate my body to going into oxygen debt while still performing. Two, I am looking for the most efficient breathing pattern for racing a 50 free. Why? I race that twice per year in pool meets. I want to get better.

Yeah, I went home and rested. I went back out at 6:00. There was a little cloud cover so the 103 degree heat index felt really nice. Once over the bridge, I took my shirt off. It's amazing what a difference that makes. Out Wade Road was nice because it was quiet and the clouds with the sun peeking through here and there reminded me of the handiwork of God. Glorious.

I went 7.92 miles. Yeah, put those two together and you have real training. No, I did not make it to Plate City. Maybe today.

No comments:

Post a Comment