Saturday, August 20, 2022

Enough

Thursday I did something different: nothing. That's right. I did not run, I did not swim, I did not lift. Wait, that's not right. I did swim. I met Tyler at the pool, and I swam 1,900 while he swam 2,000. We did a straight swim, but after 800 every third 50 was fast. Yeah, that was good training, and I felt it.

It was the rest of the day that I did nothing. Well, I went to work. But when I got home, I lounged and rested and thought about Friday. Why Friday? Friday is long run day. 

I had intended to be out early. But the coffee was very good, and I did not leave the house until I had drunk it all. Then I shuffled for 12.68 miles. It was not as hot as normal, but was 89 by the time I finished. Strange how that almost feels cool now. 

I explored the turnrows off of Wade Road and found at that there is no mystery out there. When you get to the river, sowbeans and weeds grow right to the tree line. That had been in my mind for a long time. I was hoping I could follow a turnrow all the way the Little Zion MB Church. You can't do it. Now I can put that to bed, mark that off my bucket list.

Later in the day, I mowed the front lawn. The run and the mow job were enough for me. I felt like I had done plenty and spent the rest of the afternoon and evening taking it easy. What? No eat out with the wife? No, she went to a women's conference with one of our church ladies. Wow, you could have run all night. I could have, but I wasn't gunna. Praise God for a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment