Saturday, August 13, 2022

Wouldn't It Be Nice?

It hurts my heart to work on Friday. God gave me the day off. 

Don't you mean Dr. Bailey?

No, I mean God. Several years back when I worked for the pest control company and went to school and pastored a church and raised a family, I had no time off. None. One day riding around in that little truck, I got to dreaming. Wouldn't it be nice to live close to where I work? I thought. Wouldn't it be nice to have some vacation time? Wouldn't it be nice to have more pay? Wouldn't it be nice to get off on Friday? Wouldn't it be nice to have insurance? Wouldn't it be nice to get off on Friday and off early on Thursday? Wouln't it be nice to have a retirement plan? Wouldn't it be nice to get off earlier everyday?

Fastforward a dozen years. One day God spoke to my heart and said, Remember that day when you were dreaming, "Wouldn't it be nice?"

Yeah, I remember that day. I remember exactly where I was when I was thinking that. I was on Montgomery Street in Greenwood driving north, slowly. 

Well I gave it to you, God said. And more.

He did. And when someone, anyone tries to take away what God gave me. They need to keep their voice low and their eyes pointed towards the floor.

Thank you, God. Thank you, Jesus. Thank you, Holy Ghost.

No comments:

Post a Comment